Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Decorating

Kids Decorated ornaments, It was FUN!
Our "kids" tree of homemade ornaments
The outside of our house almost done with lights
Santa waving Hello to everyone
Our Red and Gold beautiful tree
The Christmas village complete with snow
Our huge and gorgeous nativity
My new buy this year, a huge Mountain Santa.


So I decided to take an attempt on keeping this blog going again. So many of you have encouraged me to express my thoughts in writing and have blessed me so much with the encouraging words that my writing is understandable and deep to them. I do need an outlet and a way to show the wonderful things in my life, I am excited and decided to start out sharing with everyone our Christmas fun at out house. Last year was the first year that we started this where the kids were here and we decorated Christmas ornaments for our "kids tree". Last year I baked the homemade one that you bake, paint and then lacquer. This year I have not been feeling so chipper and have not had much energy that I bought some ornaments at Joann's for 30 cents a piece and the kids had just as much fun painting them.
We have also been super busy decorating our home for the holidays. We like a lot of decorations and enjoy doing a new color theme on our "grown up" tree every year. This year I wanted to do red and gold and I think it turned out gorgeous. You are able to do that fairly cheap by adding some of your own ornaments and buying the rest at the dollar store. You can find some gorgeous ones there. So here are pics of what we have done so far. Still in the process but almost done. Merry Christmas to all!!!!!

2 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

I've missed you more than you know! My heart aches for you and wish I could be closer to visit you - to be able to love on you more. I have been kinda sick lately so I have been out of commission, but that is your reality most of the time/if not all... and I can't imagine. Micah and I talked and looked and almost came down to visit you again this break, but ended up not being able to .... I was sad. I just sooooo sad to not get to see you... hope you know that I love you... I do have a pile of fun things that remind me of you, but I haven't sent them yet... sorry!

Lyndsay said...

Thanks my friend. I have many things to send to you as well and have not sent them yet. I don'y know why that is the hardest part of the whole process. Probably the cost and just getting up and going to the post office lie (at least here I mean we have lines). Well eventually we will both get what we want to one another and the world will be right again (:
Love ya more than you know,
Lyns