Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Me, Lonny, Mom and Dad

Aunt Stacy, Ryan, Nicole and Uncle Pat

Me and Nicole

Me, Nicole, Ryan and Lonny



This was the first time I have been home for Thanksgiving in 5 years now. I always choose to spend Thanksgiving in Montana with my friends and to come home and spend Christmas with the family. It was nice to be home for a change on Thanksgiving this year and to be able to spend it with family. It was a little different than the norm this year. We usually all get together at my Grandma's house with my dad's side of the family. But things got all confused this year and everyone kind of ended up doing their own thing. We wouldn't have been able to go anyways because my doctors told me that it still wouldn't be a good idea to be around a large group of people right now because of the steroids that I am on. So in the end we actually ended up spending it with my aunt, uncle and two cousins. My mom, dad, brother and I went out to their house for a really nice Thanksgiving. Lots of amazing food as I am sure most of you enjoyed this holiday.

As for a little update on my current condition: things are starting to get a lot better. I have had a really good week. I am starting to gain more energy and able to do some more things. My stomach has been doing great and I have been able to eat normal again. Hopefully day by day things will continue to look up and I will gain more and more energy. They have reduced my steroid dose down 10 mg, so I am taking 70 mg now. I am fortunate not to have a lot of the side affects that wonderful steroids bring. About the only side affects I have are a "chipmunk" face and joint pain. My face is all swollen, which I am not a huge fan of but that is not as big of a deal as it could be. More vanity than anything I guess. Another good bit of news we received at my last doctors visit was that my donors bone marrow has officially taken over 100 percent. Great News!!! I am going to have my next bone marrow biopsy on day 100. So as for now I am still Leukemia free and hopefully will stay that way forever. So as different as this holiday season has been and will continue to be for me, I have so much to be thankful for. This has definitely been a time when I have realized what is really important in life. Hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and continues to enjoy this holiday season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Lyndsay.

So glad you were able to spend time with some of the family on Thanksgiving and enjoy the great food! I hope you continue to get stronger every day. You look great, your smile is back and I can tell your positive attitude has returned. Hurray for you! Please keep everyone posted as often as you can, I check everyday to see if there is news from you. Say hi to your mom and dad for me and wish them my best. Much love, Robin

Gena K said...

Happy day of Thankfulness to you Lyns!!!! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

word-up Lyns!
So glad to hear your doing better!
I love you Lyndsay!!
Peace.

Team Bowman said...

Hi Lyndsay,

I am so glad you were able to enjoy Thanksgiving! It sounds like you had a great time.

So Happy to hear that your donors bone marrow has taken over!!!!

We will continue to pray that each day will get better and better!

So Happy to see that beautiful smile back on your face.

Lesley