Friday, November 21, 2008

Yes, I am alive!

Sorry for the LONG delay in updating everyone. Things have been a little bit crazy with ups and downs and for some reason I have just not been able to concentrate on things very well. They have put me on high dose steroids now so that might have some contribution to my mental state. Since I last posted I have been in and out of the hospital. I had a 10 day stay there and don't remember a whole lot of it. I was pretty much sleeping 20 hours a day thanks to the nausea and pain medications. I ended up getting put in the hospital because I was dehydrated and could not keep anything down. I wasn't even able to keep water down. It wasn't the greatest time, but I survived it. Since I have been home I have had my good days and my bad days. My stomach still seems to pose an issue a lot of the time. I have had my days of vomiting and not being able to keep food or meds down. But the past 3 days have been better and I have been able to keep everything down with minimal nausea. My rash is also under control now, which is a very good thing. I saw my doctor today and everything else is looking good. They are just trying to get a handle on this stomach issue so they can take me off the steroids. I can't wait until I can get off of them because being on them restricts me even more because they suppress my immune system. I am getting a little bored being home all the time, there is only so much you can do. I have been getting addicted to watching House MD now. I am renting all the seasons on Netflix, and it just keeps drawing me in. I find it interesting because half of the things they talk about I have either had done to me or have heard about. I guess I have been through a lot of things medically speaking.

Yesterday was a good day though. I had some visitors come and see me. Laura and Dolores came and brought stuff for lunch. We enjoyed just sitting around and chatting while catching some of the CSI:NY marathon. Then my brother called and came with my niece and nephew to have dinner and visit. I really am not supposed to be around the little ones but we had not seen them in so long, so we decided a couple hours wouldn't hurt. Purell and Lysol anyone? It was a good time and I was glad that I was feeling better to have some friends and family by. I was beginning to wonder if I knew anyone anymore because I have been under quarantine for so long. I keep telling myself someday it will all be back to semi "normal" life someday. I know it will never be like it was, but I can't wait until I can eat normal and live normal again.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
I am so glad you are back up and running, well, guess I should say walking!!! You have really been through a lot these past weeks, but hopefully it is behind you and you can begin the climb back up the mountain. This valley was a long ways down! Mikey was so glad to get to visit last night, he was really happy when he got home. I think it did him a lot go good, also. Glad you are in to "House." Mike and I watch it every week also. I think Bob and Melissa do too, although they usually tivo and watch when they get the chance. Take care, and hopefully I will get to see you sometime soon. We think about you often and hope you will begin to have more better days. Much love, Robin

JessicaSews said...

Good Girl!.....we had a feeling you were busy "braving the storm"....So glad to hear from you! All we could do was pray and wait to see you posting again.
Prayers for continued healing,
Lots of Love!
~ Jessica & family

Hey ... I'm Lindsay ! said...

Lyndsay ~ so glad to hear you are ok. I figured you were in the hospital, but I couldn't get any answer to the telephone... tell Lisa it's all ok, I was just concerned. So glad to hear you are on the mend again!

Happy to hear about your visits... if I was in Calif, I'd be there in a heartbeat... Purell and Lysol in hand :-)

Take care my little friend... thought of a new hobby or craft you'd like to try?

Please hug your mama for me, and continue to "hang in there"... we send love and prayers from MO... Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for writing again Lynds, I was beginning to wonder what had happened. I'm so glad that you're okay, I'll be praying that you get past this stomach nasia soon.
Love you!
Melanie Morehouse

Team Bowman said...

Hi Lyndsay,

It is so good to hear from you. I will be praying that you can get rid of the nausea! It sounds like you are on your way to the top again.

Love you!!!
Lesley

Anonymous said...

Sweet Lyndsay,
The Lord has been working in really amazing ways here, but one of them is that Robert and I have been waking up in the middle of the night with the feeling that we should pray for you. I guess the Lord wants you to have that "around the clock" prayer still! Have they checked the cell count lately??? Great trails prepares us to do great work for our Lord's kingdom. Think of the people already touched by you and your story. We love you Lyndsay.
Robert and Denese

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
Jaimie just old me the good news! No more bad cells, hurray for donor cells! This will be the best Thanksgiving we could hope for....there is so much to be thankful for. I am especially greatful that you have received such encouraging news today! Peace and Happy Thanksgiving, Robin

JessicaSews said...

Dear Lyndsay,

Happy Thanksgiving to you
and your family & friends!

Hugs!
~ Jessica & family

Team Bowman said...

Hi Lyndsay,
I woke up early this morning, and just wanted to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!
You are such a blessing, and you are always in my prayers and thoughts.

God bless you, this very special Thanksgiving Day!!

Lesley