Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Whats New on the home Front

        Well yet again it has been quite a while since I have updated here. Summer 2012 is in full swing and I cant believe that it is almost coming to a close. I just returned a week ago from a 7 day trip to Montana. It was so incredibly awesome. I was very delighted to be back in the Big Sky Country. I went back to Augusta and to the Bible College that I attended and worked at for several years. We had a reunion and I was able to catch up with many old friends and was able to meet some new amazing people.
        I did quite a bit of traveling around the state making stops in different towns and stayed with some good friends along the way. All in all it was a very important and uplifting trip for me. It increased my confidence immensely and I pushed myself harder than I thought my body could take, BUT I DID IT! I was able to hike around a little, shot some guns (thanks Ben), see amazing wildlife and mountains and catch up with people I haven't seen in like 9 years. I was defiantly tired by the time my plane landed back in LA but it felt so good to be back in California. I love it so much here now and It is the place that is my home. Everyday has been super busy since arriving back home. Not a second to breathe yet but I am enjoying having such a fast paced life after so long sitting around and doing nothing pretty much. My energy level is on a high and I am feeling so good after getting off a lot of my medication in these last few months. It is pretty amazing how much these drugs had an affect on me and I didn't even realize it. But let me tell you it was no small task to get off of them. I am really proud of myself for having the will and determination to do it. It has been a long road but I am seeing the light and hopefully I wont fall back into a valley, like what has happened so many times before. I am staying strong and kicking cancers a**. I will be Cancer free for 4 years in September. Wow what a journey!
       I am now just enjoying life so very much. I am just happy to be alive right now. I am going to lots of Angel games and baking again. I try to get out and do things and am thinking about starting some classes in the Fall semester. I am a little weary about going back to school because I have been out of the academic world for so long now. I am thinking about going to study to be an RN. I have developed such a passion for medical stuff through my whole ordeal and have learned so many wonderful things that I just want to keep learning more. I figure I can also be a compassionate nurse because I can identify with being a patient and when I say I understand and feel their frustration and pain I really mean it. I would love to work as a Bone Marrow Transplant and Cancer Nurse. There is such a need for some good nurses in that department and I know how much of an impact my nurses have had on me and how thankful I am for their love and compassion toward me. I just want to pay it back to others that have to deal with the struggles I had to deal with.

1 comment:

Christa Forsythe said...

YIPPPPEEEE! You blogged! Loved reading your words and knowing that I was one of those "friends" you visited... thanks for coming all the way to Bozeman to see us! Hugs!