Saturday, August 16, 2008

Just an Update!

What a time it has been over these past couple weeks. Sorry for the delay in updating the blog but life has sure been busy. Not to mention that my computer is still trying to be fixed. Well last time I updated I had a lot of good news to report and I said that I was going to be able to be home for a while. Well that was the case and I was able to be home for 2 whole weeks!!! We did end up finding an apartment out in San Diego very quickly and "moved in" almost 2 weeks ago. Moving from a house to a small apartment had some adjustments but we are still sorting through things and trying to fit what we can in our new home for the next year. So having to deal with moving as busy as that is, but also throw in all of my doctors appointments and nurses visits, etc. and the days seem to fill up fast.

Also last Wednesday Rob, one of my friends from Montana came out to visit me for a few days. That was so great and so refreshing having a familiar face around and someone that I can talk to from Montana. It was the next best thing to being able to go out there myself. We stayed busy while he was here unpacking, going to Sea World and just hanging out catching up on things. We also had a little bit of a hard time as one of our friends passed away in a car accident on his way out here with Rob. They were driving separate but were caravaning down here to So. Cal together. So we were able to spend some time with Jesse's family and friends and try to offer as much encouragement as we could. So although we were faced with some hard things to deal with we were still able to enjoy time together while I had some freedom from the hospital. Which was what I really needed at this time!!! It was good to have a friend around.

So on Monday I was admitted back in the Hospital for some more Chemotherapy. My donor was unable to move up the date so they had to give me another round to keep me in remission. The good news is that because we live close to the hospital now I am able to come home to recover. So I just arrived home today. I am feeling pretty good, but know that usually it hits me a week or so after chemo. So please be praying that I do well at home and don't have to go back to the hospital.

So the plan now is that my transplant date is set for September 18th. Which is my Dad's birthday and my mom and dad's anniversary. So now we have something else to celebrate on that day. My "new birthday" which they call your transplant day. So I will be admitted back in on Sept. 12th for pre transplant things. I will have to undergo more chemo and total body radiation before I can have my transplant. So needless to say it is going to be a long tough road ahead, but I am glad it is happening as quick as it is. The sooner it can be done the sooner I can be on my way to recovery. So I would appreciate prayers as all of these things are approaching quickly and Lord willing this will end my battle. Recovery is a long haul but just thinking that this could end my leukemia is so exciting to me. Scary knowing the long road ahead but exciting knowing what it could be.

4 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

YEAH for updates! I check your blog regularly and I am always so excited when you have new things to say! Thanks for sharing your life. I wish I could come out and visit you! I really do! We miss you here!

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
We are so hapy your transplant is scheduled for the near future and that you were able to be home longer this time. We send you all our love and prayers that your recovery will be soon. Please tell your mom and dad hi. Much love, Mike and Robin Aguirre

Becky Walck said...

Hi Lyndsay,

This is Becky from MWSB 04. I've been reading your blog, keeping up on what's happening and praying that things will go well. I'm glad you're able to be home now. That must feel so wonderful! I will keep praying, and I hope you have a wonderful week, full of blessings from Jesus ;0)

JessicaSews said...

Lyndsay - We are marking our calendar. We like hearing that you're being very careful so that you stay as healthy as possible!
Prayers for Jesse's family and all those that are faced with that sad news.
Sending lots of caring thoughts your way and now keeping your donor in our prayers!
~ Jes