Saturday, December 27, 2008

Day 100

Today is day 100. I am excited to report that my bone marrow biopsy came back with zero percent blasts and no sign of cancerous or abnormal cells. This I think is cause to celebrate!! Thanks to everyone for their prayers yet again. I am so thankful for the wonderful support system that I have, I can't imagine going through this without it. Although I am at day 100 it isn't quite freedom time yet. I soon have learned that doctors don't tell you the entire truth about these "dates". Maybe for some day 100 is freedom if they didn't have ANY problems and just skated by with no GVHD or issues post transplant. Since I am still on prednisone (steroids) my immune system is still suppressed to where I should avoid crowds and still am under dietary restrictions. So not too much has changed in that department yet. But after everything I have gone through a little bit more time isn't a huge deal anymore. I know eventually I will be able to enjoy those things again. I am however getting off the prednisone fairly quickly. They were taking me down every week and now I am going down every 4 days in dosage. So as of Monday I will be down to 20 mg once a day. After that they will slow down the process a little bit, but hopefully the restrictions will lessen a little after that.

I did see my doctor yesterday and he thinks that my low platelet count is a delayed reaction to GVHD. My count is still low but has been holding for the past week. So at least it isn't dropping anymore. I have to be more careful because I am bruising easier and wounds don't heal as quickly right now. I also do have a small infection in my toe right now, so I am on antibiotics for 10 days to hopefully get rid of it. Just more little bumps to go over. (: But everything else is looking good and the rest of my numbers are holding tight, so I am happy about that.
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

11 comments:

JessicaSews said...

Dear Lyndsay! Congratulations!
We are all rejoicing!

This is going to be a short
message on account that we keep losing electricity tonight....we got another snow whallup and there are frequent outages! So glad we were able to see your post before we called it a day! We get to add thanksgiving to our prayers!
Hope the antibiotics do their work and get you back to feeling better

Lots of Love!
~ Jessica & family

Team Bowman said...

Oh Lyndsay, Congratulations!
This is the day we all have been waiting for! What great news.

I can hear a sense of renewal in your writing. Getting off the steroids and antibiotics are just a little bit of time, and we will continue that they will do their work, so you can get on with life.

We are so truly happy for you, and so eager to share with others what alot of prayer, and positive attitude can do! God is so good, and He has been ever present in this entire situation.

I have been so inspired by you, and by all the posts of everyone who has been praying for you!

God Bless you, and have a VERY Happy New Year!!!

Love,
Lesley, Darin, Joshua and Caleb

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
What great news, what we have all been hoping and praying for. Just a little more time....not much in the big, scheme of things you have already endured. I am so happy for you, it has been a long journey. Your spirit seems to be back to normal, and your positive outlook is shining through once again. Keep it up, we are all so proud of you. Much love, Robin

Christa Forsythe said...

I am so thankful for you... knowing you, being able to love you.... I am just rejoicing with you as you reached this 100 days... our prayers continue to be with you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Linds!
Its Amy! I was just checking in on you and wanted to congradulate you on your 100 days! Also Heather and I am are taking a little road trip around Cali in the next couple of weeks and were thinking of maybe visiting you. So you got any plans in about a week? Let me know cause we would love to see you. My email is amyjoy8@hotmail.com if you dont already have it. Love ya girl!

Hey ... I'm Lindsay ! said...

Hey Lyndsay ... HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! A new year of blessings for you, a new year of good health, and a new year of much happiness! So good to hear of your test results.... Thank You JESUS! Be blessed my young friend... Lindsay in MO

JessicaSews said...

Happy New Year, Lyndsay!

Health n' Happiness is our
prayer for you!

~ Jessica & family

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
May the New Year hold good health and happiness for you. Wishing you and your parents many blessings to come. Take care, Robin

Anonymous said...

You are definitely answered prayer and have made my day, Christmas, year all the more wonderful for knowing that you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Lyndsay, that last comment was from Denese Hall!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyndsay,
Hope all is well. Thinking of you, Robin