Thursday, December 11, 2008

Where Does Time Go?

I can't even believe a week has passed since I last wrote on here. I don't know if it is just because of the Holidays, but the weeks just seem to be slipping by. Needless to say that my boredom is no more and I can't seem to find enough hours in the day, as I am sure a lot of you have this same problem. At least most of the things that I am doing are by choice. I don't really have a lot that I HAVE to do like most people AKA: job, kids, etc. But they are little goals I am setting for myself to accomplish, I wouldn't be me if I didn't have goals to strive for. I am sewing quite a bit and even designing my first quilt pattern. I am having a lot of fun being creative and trying to do some things I love but never had the time to do before. Yesterday I also went out shopping a little and even went out to eat. Now I hope that my medical team doesn't read this because I am not really supposed to be doing that stuff yet. So shhhh... I just needed to get out though and I was craving a hamburger so bad. I prayed over the food asking God to protect me and to protect me from people while I was in Target. It felt really good to get out and do some "normal" things again. I won't make it an everyday habit until they give me an ok, but it was a nice change of pace.

Things continue to look good and I was taken down another 10 mg on my steroids. I just have to remember to be putting my cream on my feet so the redness will go away. Even though my steroid dose is getting smaller I seem to be swelling more and more. My upper body and face are getting so big and I am hating it. My skin is so tight! Just when I think it can't swell anymore, I wake up the next morning and it is bigger. They say that unfortunately it is going to take a long time for the swelling to go down. Yeah for that. At least I am not trying to impress anyone right now. I don't see too many people so it isn't too bad. The only little setback that I have had lately is that I took a pretty big fall this past weekend. I was walking the dogs and our bigger dog bolted out and took my legs out from under me. I fell pretty hard to the ground twisting my ankle on my left leg and banging up my knee on the right leg. So that is both of my legs, leaving me unable to walk very well. I was layed up for a couple days before I was able to walk around again. My legs are really really weak anyway right now because of the steroids, so this was just a added bonus. They are a lot better now, still really sore but at least I am able to walk around and do stuff. Other than that everything else is going well. I am set to have my next bone marrow biopsy on the 23rd. This will be my last one until my one year mark, as long as everything in between now and then goes smoothly. Be praying now that good results will come from it! Thank you!!!

3 comments:

Team Bowman said...

Hi Lyndsay,

It is so good to hear that you are able to do some of the things you never have had time for. Including Target!! I love strolling around Target! Having twin 2 year old boys, I don't get to stroll much, so when I get the chance, I just love it!

I will be praying for recovery from your fall. I hope you are doing better and better each day~

Love you,
Lesley

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyndsay,
Sounds like you are on your way, hopefully, with no more "falls" along the way! Target would probably be on of the first places I would go, too. I think we are all "target junkies" at heart. So good to hear you are getting to enjoy life's little pleasures again. I will be hoping and praying your next results are just as awesome as the last. It would be so great for you to get a little reprieve from the biopsies for awhile. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Lots of love, Robin

JessicaSews said...

Dear Lyndsay!

Ummm.....no doggy walks for you for awhile! I've heard more dog/walk accidents lately...even Rev. Billy Graham. I hope you can recover quickly!

You are designing a quilt! When you're ready....share pictures.
I hope you're enjoying the process. I don't know what part I enjoy the most, the designing or the sewing it together.

So glad to hear that you are able to fill your days with activities and not at all surprised that you are setting goals. Which reminds me, do you have tension straps for mild strength exercises?

Enjoy the days leading up to Christmas! Be Careful!
Lots of Love,
~ Jessica & family