Monday, January 25, 2010

New Quilt Projects

HEARTFELT






































When I attended the Road to California Quilt Show I was checking out this vendor that sold miniature quilt patterns to paper piece. Since I absolutely LOVE paper piecing, I just had to stop and browse to see what they had. They had many samples up on the wall of the quilts all done up. I loved this heart pattern so decided to buy it. After getting the pattern I realized that it was the one and only one that supports the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. A portion of the proceeds will go the organization to help find a cure. What are the odds??? I then choose these wonderfully bright colors to make this quilt. The orange is there to represent Leukemia and the Lime Green is there to represent Lymphoma. I am super excited about doing this miniature quilt. I hope to maybe donate it to the society when I finish it or I just might decide to keep this one for myself to remind me of the many hearts that are there for me as I am continuing to battle. Also everyone else that is affected by these cancers.


PINE STAR RUNNER






























This Project is from one of the Thimbleberries books. It is called Pine Star Runner. It does look a little like Christmas but I think in the right home it can be put out year around. The fabrics I choose are not too Christmas like. In a home that has an outdoors decor I think it would look lovely on a table. I am not yet sure what I will do when this project is accomplished. I am sure I will soon think of someone who will appreciate and love this little quilt project. I just love making things and giving them to people. I think gifts mean so much more when time and love are put into them. When you think of that person in every cut and stitch that you make. I hope they love them as much as I love to make them. I know I absolutely love to receive things that others have made. I know how much work goes into homemade goods and it means so much more than any old thing you can buy at the store.



PEEKABOO MONKEY








































This quilt is called Peekaboo Monkeys. I thought it was so adorable when I saw it in a quilt book I got at Christmas time. I have never been that fond of doing applique on quilts but have been working a lot on it with some other projects I have been doing and am starting to really get the hang of it. So I am a little less intimidated at tackling this quilt now. The second picture is the fabric that I picked out to accomplish this quilt. I am hoping to make this quilt to put in the auction at my spring quilt camp in May. We pick a theme every time we get together for these weekends and this time it is going to be Jungle. I am really not into the whole jungle fabric very much but I saw this pattern and thought it kind of goes along that topic so I might just have to enter this as my auction item.

3 comments:

Mike J. said...

Very nice pattern, yah RIGHT! What are the chances that it would be the only one giving back to LLS! So nice to hear from you! ;) Mike J

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyndsay,

I don't know if you remember me, but I am Josh Deeden's mom, edee. You used to play with my grand daughter Trayaunna when we all lived in Moreno Valley. Do you remember she had cancer too? Girl, I am soooooooo sorry to hear you are in this fight. I will keep you in prayer for your recovery. I love that you are quilting too. I do too and have a now closed quilt fabric store of waaaaaay too much fabric left over. My offer to you is for any fund raising quilt making you and your friends do, I will donate the fabric. You can reach me at tooredlady@yahoo.com
I have also been on the bone marrow donor list since Trayaunna was DX with her cancer. I came up for a match 3 times but eventually didn't match all the components that need to be matched. What a thrill to just be involved in possibly helping another human being life be saved. Anyeay, tell your mom and dad I said hello and I don't know if you/your parents know, Ward, jOsh's dad passed away from cancer 8/2007. We were just devastated. Anyway Lyns God Bless you and keep you healthy and keep you strong til you can win this battle.

~edee~

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyndsay,

I just love the projects you're getting started on, especially the hiding monkeys. Glad to hear you're feeling well. Hey, thanks for reminding me what the theme for camp is, I had forgotten. Hope to see you and your Mom and Aunt on Superbowl Sunday at Bonnie's place. Take care.
Love, Elvia