Friday, January 29, 2010

Cancer: Good or Bad?

The past couple days have been kind of boring. I have been experiencing a lot of fatigue and because of that have been spending most of my time in bed sleeping or playing sudoku. I did make my way to the library yesterday and checked out some books and a documentary DVD. I got some fun cook books and some more material on natural eating and eating yourself healthy through cancer. I love all the resources and literature that is out there to help in this area. It is so interesting to me and hopefully I can get some good ideas and tips that I can incorporate into my life and diet. It has really developed a passion in me to try to live my life in a healthy way. We will see what happens, if you think of it keep that in your prayers for me. I know it wont be easy for this junk food junkie but I am hoping for the will and strength to transform the way I eat and exercise to keep my health and cancer on track.
The DVD that I checked out at the library is called Crazy Sexy Cancer. It is a great documentary, a little out there on some of her ideas but yet it was all about exploring alternate medicines and cures. I had watched this once before while I was in the hospital but it meant even more this time after I have experienced all my treatments and therapies. She and many others say Cancer really does suck but for some reason if they could do it over they wouldn't trade it for anything. I find myself saying the same thing all the time. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone that is for sure but all that it has taught me and made me have such a new outlook on life, in some way I thankful. I would rather have me go through it than someone who would break down and give up right away. I am thankful for all the wonderful people I have been able to meet and my new appreciation for life. Though it is hard and cancer is defiantly considered "bad", I see the good that has come out of it for me and many other survivors. Now we can all join in on the fight to kick cancer to the curb and find a cure so no one will have to go through this anymore. Team in Training is a great organization that trains people to run marathons to help the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The San Diego chapter is starting their training tomorrow and wish all of them luck and strength as they take on this amazing and difficult task. You are making a huge difference and as a Leukemia survivor my heartfelt thanks go to each one of you for your commitment.

5 comments:

Elisha said...

Lyns... I miss you. Enough said. You are a beautiful friend - inside and out - continue on!
I'm starting to blog (wish me luck)
www.myforestfindings.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen or heard from you in so long that it was amazing to get your invitation on Facebook. You are never out of our thoughts and prayers, and you know we mean it when we say it. Love and kisses to you and your wonderful family. Let me know where you are now and how and when we can meet. I need my Lyndsay fix! Few have the heart or the courage you do. You are a gem apart from all other gems in God's kingdom. Love from the family.
Rob and Denese

Christa Forsythe said...

Friend... such beautiful words. I always feel like a fresh breeze has blown through my house when I read your blog. It has been fun to see new updates (I was going to comment last time, but my computer has slowly/painfully died... tears!) But I am hacking Micah's computer - and it is a joy to read your thoughts!

Anonymous said...

i suddenly came across your site when i click "next blog" on the blog that i was viewing...anyway...for such a young age you're sick...i bet people who're sick have losen hope in life but there you are, still being positive. Long live kid...i believe God has a purpose for all of this... *smile* ^_^

chandra said...

we dont know each other...

i was randomly browsing, and came across you....

you will win..........

love

chandra

chandrasart.blogspot.com