Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Creature is starting to wake.

So anyways since I have last posted I have continued to be sick. The fever went away a couple days ago which is great. The pain and nausesa have continued and I have been on constant meds for that. Then yesterday they put me on another IV bag of ani-nausesa medicine. Then I went into the "coma". Don't worry not a real coma but I didn't wake up besides to go to the bathroom all day. I was pretty much very out of it. I don't remember anything that people said yesterday. It was a very weird feeling. But when I woke up this morning I got good news that my white count of blood cells are way up. They are at 5.4 and normal is 6-10. So that is good news but I contiune to deal with the nausea and feeling sleepy. The pain is really starting to go away though. So that means no more pain meds for now which is great. But I am actually being able to stay awake and get some things done today. Tomorrow is my bone marrow biospy (the good ol' bone drilling procedure itself). So cross your fingers Lord willing it comes back showing zero leukemia in my bone marrow. That would be great because maybe I could go home soon then. I will give everyone an update when I get the results of that.

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JessicaSews said...

Lyndsay! Then, that was a good sleep!
I am so happy to read that you're seeing improvement in the white blood count - it's what we've been praying for. You've got #'s now!
We'll pray for the tomorrow's test to be good news for you. We'd love to hear that you get some time at home.

I was in the front yard yesterday, thinking of you, when the largest butterfly flew by, it was the color of an apricot and the size of my hand!
It was the prettiest site!

Rest and know that we are
always thinking of you!
~ Jes

Hey ... I'm Lindsay ! said...

Hey Lyndsay ~~ so GLAD to hear of the news of your white blood cells! That's so awesome, and God is GOOD! There are lots of people praying for you, and we continue to do so.

I had such a nice talk with your mama last night... I can't wait till I get to meet you both and give you both a great big hug.

We will be praying for you today, that your biopsy comes back completely clean... then on to finding the perfect donor! The Good Lord knows exactly where that person is.... so we look forward to that day.

Have a great weekend, Lyndsay... you bless my heart each time I get to read about your improvements! Hugs from the heartland sauna!

Lindsay

Christa Forsythe said...

I was so happy to hear your white blood cell count was up! YEAH! I will be praying the biopsy will come back with positive results.... Our God is BIG!

Anonymous said...

I'm pray pray pray praying Lyns...I love you soooo much! ~Georgi~

JessicaSews said...

Lyndsay - An envelope should be arriving today for you!

We sent an envelope to you a few weeks ago, and no one knows where that one went - but, more importantly,
it mentioned that we were sending lots of love and support.

The Wish Fish is just something for you to hold and know that lots of people are wishing you well.
The music is something
that my daughter, Laura,
put together for you!

You are in our prayers,
~ Jes

**if the other envelope arrives, you have something to share!

Team Bowman said...

Hi Lyndsay,

It's been a while since we have written or talked, but I want you to know that we are praying for you!

I am so glad to hear that your white blood count is up, and I will continue to pray for your biopsy.
Linda has been letting me know how you are.

If you are up to it, I would love to come and see you. It is great to see that this sucky cnacer hasn't taken away your beautiful smile!!

I will contact your Mom. Maybe we can make one of those long days seem shorter with a visit.

Love you Sweetie,

Lesley Bowman (Turner)