Sunday, July 13, 2008

Movies, Junk Food and Platelets

Being in the hospital for so long you have to find ways to entertain yourself. What better way to spend the day then watching movies and stuffing your face with junk food? Well that is what my day has consisted of. Having the great mom that I have, she went to the store and came back with bags full of candy, chips and lots of other unhealthy things to stuff my face. I have to say though, it is killing me being in California for the summer and not being able to eat any fresh fruit or vegetables. But it has been fun to indulge in some good ol' junk food every now and then. So I got to sit and watch some good and some not so good movies today.
Then about half way through the day after checking my blood again they said that my platelets were low and that I needed a transfusion. So I got the "applesauce" pumped into me today (if you don't know what platelets are they are the part of the blood that looks exactly like applesauce). In which has given me a little boost of energy after the drowsiness of the pre-medication wore off. So all in all I guess I can chalk it up to a pretty OK day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for junk food! you should try the Oreo challenge now!!! hahaha!!! I love you dear friend....love ~Georgi~

Kathy Raker said...

Hi Lyndsay, How wonderful you started a blog to write about your progress. May God provide you with the donor designed just for you. Keep your spirits high. I am a 5 year breast cancer survivor, praise God!
Enjoy all that junk food when you can. It's not a good feeling when the tummy doesn't feel so good and everything taste like metal.
Blessings to you, Kathy (Mttlr)

Anonymous said...

Hey Lyndsay,
I'm praying that a donor match will be found swiftly for you. I'm glad you can eat things that you like - even if they aren't the healthiest :)
So what else do you like to do with your spare time?? Any games??
Love, Becca M.