Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Moving Time.......Again!!!

When I first was admitted back in the hospital July 1st they put me in a double room. They said that there were no private rooms available at the moment so I would probably just be there for a few days until one became available. So knowing that I was going to be moving, my mom and I decided that we shouldn’t hang up any of my things since we would just have to take them down again. Well time went on and almost two weeks later there I was still in room 362. So we just decided to put my stuff up. Well wouldn’t you know it, the day after I put my things up they said I was moving. Isn’t that the way it works.

But now I am moved just across the hall in room 363. So this will be my home hopefully until I leave. It is fun to decorate it and make it like home. I figure if I am going to be here for so long, might as well make it homey. Anyone that knows me knows that it doesn’t take being somewhere very long for me to want to decorate it and make it seem inviting. All the staff on the floor love coming into my room. They say they just want to hang out all day in my room. Party in Room 363!!


I have been so blessed by the amount of love and support that everyone is giving me. Complete strangers who I have never met are sending me cards, gifts and homemade items of love. It is overwhelming the things I have gotten. The nurses joke because almost everyday I get at least one card or package, they say that I must be one loved person. I fell very privileged knowing that a lot of people here don’t get anything.


So here is a huge thanks again for the wonderful acts of kindness of all those people who care enough to think of me. I feel very undeserving, but am grateful for it. My room is much brighter and happier with the help of all the cards and gifts.
Thank
You!!!

This is me in my nice and colorful bed.

I sure do love my IV pole! (:

Here is me being super happy that I am having
a good day in the hospital.

Here is a group of some ladies that are family
friends that came and visited me today (Oh
wait it is now tomorrow. Wow I really should
go to bed).
Goodnight Everyone!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks sweetheart for letting me into your world. I'm so glad you are having a better day of it. LOVE YOUR ROOM as always. I told your MOM I think you were redecorating your room when I met you 14 yrs. ago.
Your aunt Anita and dolores were with me on Sunday. I know how they were looking forward to visiting with you. FUN DAYS are the BEST.
The outpouring of RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS can be overwhelming. Just take them into your heart and know you are thought of each day by people who love you and want only for you to rise above this challenge that God has placed before you.
I understand you have opened a crafting village, is it true or just a rumor. Tell me when the sale is, you could always open an E-Bay store front.
Again, thanks for sharing. Love the photos.....Bonnie
I want to come down, my wings are not working as well as they need to for the long drive. Hug each other and pretend I'm there.

Christa Forsythe said...

Lyns... WOW thanks for the gift of sharing your life.. I just about cried! To finally be able to glimpse into your life means SO MUCH TO ME! I would just LOVE to come visit you and spend some time!

You LOOK beautiful! When I saw pics and started to read I was so hoping there would be pic of you... thanks so much! I love the scarf! You look amazing in a scarf!

I am gonna become a bone marrow donor... thanks for putting that easy to access page for how to do it!

love ya friend and miss you EVERYDAY!

cgf

Hey ... I'm Lindsay ! said...

Lyndsay ~ it is so nice to put your sweet face with your name and testimony... I know God will give you an awesome testimony through this... And your room is BEAUTIFUL! I know that so many of those cards and gifts are covered in prayer, and people all over that you don't know are praying for you daily... that's how much God loves you. I look forward to meeting you one day, and until then, you just keep hanging on to God's unchanging hand... His strength will get you through. Take care, my little Sister in Christ ... give your mama a sick hug for me, and remember..... Jesus loves you and so do I.

JessicaSews said...

Hello from Idaho, Lyndsay!

These are great pictures! So nice to see you and your room. You are lovely! What a wonderful smile!

You room looks wonderful with your cards and gifts. There will be more coming, I'm sure! Lots of love for you and your family out there.

Lots of us have just started blogs too! If your click on my name, you'll be able to see my blog and some pictures of our area.
I have 3 kids that are around your age - Tara(26), Curtis(23) and Laura(19). They are all keeping you in their prayers!

We'll be checking in on your new posts!
Hugs!
~ Jessica

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay, I love that you put pictures of your room and you up. To let so many other people into your life at this hard time, is an awesome gift to all of us. There are so many times I've wished I could just come down there and visit you, and hang out just to make one of those long days go by faster. I love you and pray for you often my friend! Knowing you is an awesome gift from God, Thank you!
Melanie