Friday, July 11, 2008

Here we go!!!

So here is my attempt at starting a blog. I have to say I am having a little bit of a hard time figuring this all out. I guess I am not as computer savy as I thought I was. But what I do have is time, so I thought that this might be a good idea to keep myself busy and everyone updated about what is going on with my treatment and journey to recovery.
Just to get everyone up to speed from my last update on Facebook. I am back in the Hospital. I was readmitted on July 1st. I was only able to go home for 3 days instead of a week like I was first told. They were hoping that I would be in remission and that there would be no more Leukemia in my bone marrow, but just as I was packing up to leave the hospital the doctor came in with not such great news. She told me that my bone marrow biopsy came back and that there was 7 percent Leukemia still in my bone marrow. So due to that they have to do more induction Chemotheopy and I would have to come back earlier. So here I am back in the wonderful resort. How long do you have to be in one place before you can say that you have lived there? Well I think that whatever it is I am getting darn close to being able to call this home. Pretty much every doctor and nurse knows me by name and always says "Hi Lyndsay" when I pass them while walking the floor.
As for now I have finished my chemo treatment last Sunday and am now, yet again waiting for my white blood cell count to recover. I will probably be here for another 2-3 weeks before my counts are where I can leave and go home again. They have also told me that I am going to need a bone marrow transplant. So a team is in the process of trying to find me a donor. So please be praying that they are able to find a match for me. Ultimatley that is what is going to save my life. It is crazy out of the 12 million people registered, I only have 8 "potential" donors. I am thankful for that because some don't have any. But it is also possible that after further testing none of those 8 can be a full match for me. It is one of the most complicated processes I have ever read in my life for matching people. I have given up trying to understand it all, but as my bone marrow cordinator has told me, that isn't my job. She says I don't need to worry about understanding everything, that is what their job is for. I guess that is what they went to school for.
So that is the long and short of what has been going on. As for now I am handling this session of chemo a lot better than the other two. I have only had nausea for 2 days which is a lot better than before. I am also able to eat and have an appetite this time, which is great. I am done with any hospital food, just the smell of it makes me want to gag. But thanks to my Grandma making me meals and frozen and packaged foods, I am eating things that actually have taste. You see with my diet I cannot eat any fresh fruits or vegetables and everything I eat from a store had to be packaged with preservatives or processed. That goes against everything I was ever told was healthy before. But there is too much risk in eating anything that might have bacteria because my body no longer has an immune system to fight anything off. So here I am in room 362 waiting for my body to do its thing and recover. Hopefully the next biopsy will give us better news.

13 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

I hope you know how much we love you! Thanks for sharing your life with us... you have blessed us so much!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us up to data! It helps to know how to pray for you specifically :) Know you are loved and I wish I could see you! I'm standing with you in this! Much love, 'lish

Anonymous said...

Hey Lyns!
Thanks for keeping me posted. I am praying for you... and I miss you so much! I love you, friend!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynds! It's good to keep updated on how you're doing. Wish there was a way to be able to come say hi and that you're loved in person. I pray for you often!
Love you lots my friend! Melanie

Hey ... I'm Lindsay ! said...

Hey Lyndsay ... even tho you spell your name wrong, :) I am so happy to be able to read how you are doing.... there are so many many people who are lifting you up in prayer... and I'm honored to be able to do so.

I had such a nice conversation with your mom today... I was blessed talking with her. God is Good!!!

I'm happy to see you have started a blog... keep on trying! You'll get it down... and I pray you'll have lots of awesome PRAISE reports to put on here!

So be blessed, my little Sister in Christ ... I look forward to getting to actually meet you and your mom one day in person. Till then, may God continue to strengthen you... and I encourage you to hang on to HIS strong hand! God bless ... LIndsay from the MOzarks

Anonymous said...

Hey Lyndsay! :D
Thanks for the update. I appreciate knowing how I can be praying for you specifically. You are such a blessing to me! Thanks for your warm, encouraging smiles--I cherished them while at MWSB with you. I love you!
Love, Amber

Anonymous said...

Hey Lyndsay. Even though we haven't seen each other since the MWSB reunion in 2006 I'm blessed to know you. Thanks for the updates. Know that I'll be praying for you okay Lynds.

Gena K said...

Lyns, my friend!!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!
~G

JessicaSews said...

Hi Lyndsay,
So glad you started a blog!
This will be fun for you. We can
understand the boredom of watching movies -
and now you don't have to!
I'm one of the gals from your mom's group at the HGTV Quilting Message Board - I read that one of the ladies sent you an embroidery kit! How fun! I think with a combined effort, we could turn your little room into a craft studio!
We'll just have to find out more
about your interests!

You are in our
prayers everyday!

~ Jes (jessicasews)

Anonymous said...

Love the blog....it is a great way to let everyone know how you are doing. You are a very brave young lady. You are loved. See you soon. Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
Aunt Lisa just gave us the good news about finding a donor match. We are so happy and excited for you! Our prayers and thoughts are with you. We love you lots!

Uncle Pat, Aunt Stacy, Nicole, and Ryan

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing the blog to keep everyone up to date on your progress. I am another HGTV message board member & I just wanted you to know that you have prayers and well wishes going to you from all over the country & even from outside the USA. Hope very day you get stronger & healthier & are soon back home again with your family & friends who love you so much.

Anonymous said...

LYNS,

YOUR BLOG IS GREAT, I AM SORRY YOU HAVE HAD SUCH A ROUGH WEEK. I AM PRAYING YOUR PAIN AND FEVER GO AWAY SOON. JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW I WAS THINKING OF YOU TODAY! LOVE YOU-LAURA