Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bone Marrow Number 6

Today was my first post transplant bone marrow biopsy. I will not get the results of it for a week or so. It is agony waiting for the results, knowing that it is going to tell so much. I cannot even believe how many things they can tell from those biopsies. So I wait with anticipation with hopefully good news. But the actual biopsy went fairly well. It wasn't the best one I have ever had because her first attempt she wasn't hitting the right spot. I could feel her hitting a nerve and a sensation going down my leg. Not the greatest feeling in the world. But after the second attempt of numbing with lidocaine she was able to get it. Once you get past the lidocaine the rest of it isn't too painful. So I have just been laying low the rest of the day as I usually do after one. You have to lay down and put pressure on it for a while and then it doesn't feel too good to walk a lot for about 24 hours.

But I also had some company today. My aunt and Laura a family friend came over to visit with me today. I always enjoy having visitors come because I am at the house so much I don't have contact with many people right now. It was a really good day to counteract my biopsy because Laura makes the most amazing Chili Rellanos. So when they said they were coming over I requested that she make them for me. So I had an amazing Mexican dinner of homemade chili rellanos, beans, rice, tortillas and salsa. The salsa was great because I had not had homemade salsa since April because it contains fresh ingredients. But she made the salsa and then cooked it for me so I could eat it. So I am overly stuffed and very satisfied! I had not had really good Mexican food in a while. I am just glad that my stomach can handle spicy food again because that is pretty much what I lived on before. I could eat Mexican food breakfast, lunch and dinner (Micah don't you agree). So all in all it was a pretty good day. Pain medication takes care of my pain from the biopsy and a good meal makes me feel happy and satisfied inside.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
So glad the biopsy is over. It can't be too fun. I am going to think very positive about your results next week. You s\deserve a great report! So glad you had such a great meal, chili rellanos are one of my favorites. It is good to hear your stomach is tolerating things you like. Take care and have a good week. I will be thinking of you. Robin

Christa Forsythe said...

Oh.. you made me so hungry hearing about all that good food! It took me back in time to when you have cooked for us in the past... you know Micah and I's weakness is for great old Mexican style food... mmmmmm yummy! Glad you could eat it! Praying and hoping for good news on the biopsy!

love ya!!!

Team Bowman said...

HI Lyndsay,

I am so glad you are able to have mexican food. And who can say no to fresh salsa!!
Praying for great news about the biopsy.
My boys, Joshua and Caleb and I send hugs!!!

XOXO
Lesley

Anonymous said...

Oh Mexican food...that sounds AMAZING! I am glad you are full and satisfied and we will be praying for great results from the biopsy!