Saturday, October 18, 2008

One Month Ago (Day +30)

I can't believe it but it has now been one month since my transplant. I am one third of the way to Day 100 now. Exciting I know!!! I am still very happy with how well I am handling all of this. My blood counts are continuing to look good and steady. I saw my nurse practitioner yesterday and she said so far everything looks really good in my blood. All of my kidney and liver functions are looking great and I was even able to get off of one of my medications because of that. Yeah, two less pills to take a day. I am feeling pretty good, still far from my normal self but gaining day by day. Today my grandparents came by and they bought me an exercise bike. I am super excited because I think it is really going to help regain strength in my legs. So hopefully little by little my strength will come back and I will have muscle in my legs again. Now I can feel like I am being productive while watching my Netfilx movies rather than just sitting there. Not much else to report, life is pretty simple right now. Lot's of rest!!!!

4 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

Wow! Has it really been a month? In some ways it feels like it has been a 100 years and in other ways it feels like just yesterday... and that if from MY perspective! (which is from afar... and not up close and personal!) I pray for you everyday and I just pray that things will go - better than expected... Our God is GREAT like that - you know?

I love ya friend... and I think you are AMAZING!

cgf

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyndsay, So glad you are doing so well, and hope time continues to pass quickly until day 100. Good luck with the bone marrow biopsy tomorrow and that the results are as good as your blood counts continue to be. The exercise bike was a great idea.....picture yourself peddaling through some beautiful place in the fall! Have a great week and update us as soon as you get your biopsy results. We are thinking of you. Take care, Robin

JessicaSews said...

Dear Lyndsay - We love hearing that it's "pretty simple right now"!!
Praying that you're days are just that and you continue to get your strength.

Sending Lots of Love
and Support
and...lots of Prayers!

~ Jessica & family

Anonymous said...

hi Lyndsay

So many have prayed for a miracle for you. I know God hears our prayers. You are proof. Keep up the good work girl. You're doing great!