Sunday, October 5, 2008

Day +17

Sorry for the lack in writing lately, but for some reason I have just not been in the writing mood. I still am not feeling like writing too much so this might not be too long. I am still in the hospital and doing pretty well. There has been no more real big problems or complications, which is really good. My doctors are saying that I am doing very well and almost as well as I can be doing for having the kind of transplant I have had. So that is always good to hear. The days are going by slowly but surely and I am trying to find ways to entertain myself. There is talk of me going home in the next couple days, which I am sooooo excited about. They said probably either tomorrow, Tuesday, or Wednesday. This is because I have developed a small rash which is a sign of the GVHD. It isn't that bad so they are trying to figure out what medications to put me on before they let me go. They want to catch it before it gets bad and uncontrollable, which I totally understand. But I am still really hoping that I can go home tomorrow. I am ready for my bed and some good food!! So that is just a small update on what is going on right now. I am going to go back to watching the Angels/Boston game and hope the Angels can win this game to stay in the series. Go Angels!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
Still hoping "home" is in the near future. Home cooked meals are probably something you really look forward to. As for the Angels.....you should have been a Dodger fan! Praying the rash goes away soon and there are no more setbacks. My thoughts and prayers
are always with you. Robin

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for keeping all us updated, I'm so enjoying your blog and being able to keep up with your journey, and knowing how to pray for you. We're praying!
Love, Melanie

Team Bowman said...

Hi Lyndsay,
It is so good to hear from you.
I hope your rash goes away, and that the GVHD goes away.


I will be praying that you will be able to come home soon. I know home is where you can really relax.

Love,
Lesley

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
WooHoo! I just heard you were able to go home today. I am thrilled for you....a change of scenery has to be nice about now. This is the best news we could here, so glad for you and your parents! Robin

Anonymous said...

Hi sweet thing,
I'm in Virginia with Lana and was finally able to get onto your blog! Yeah, baby! Home at last! We have been praying like crazy, so I will update the prayer group. Your quilt is amazing as is your mothers. The beautiful side of humans is so amazing. Love you and you mom so much. Please tell her we said HI.
Love
Denese

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,

This is the first time I've read your blog, after reading your story in Mountaintop Peak MWSB news. My son Jordan graduated last year from MWSB, and I was there for the ceremony, and heard your diagnosis that weekend. Please know that I and my family will begin praying for you daily. We live just up the highway from you in Temecula. Thank you for your service to the Lord and to MWSB (I'm a graduate from the very first class in 1982, and both of my sons are now graduates.)
Peace of Christ, Dale