Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Quilt of Love (Day +12)

Opening the package.

Just another pic after opening it.

Here is the Quilt!!!!
On my hospital bed.

My Mom and her Quilt.

The pictures above are of the quilt that was made for me by members of the HGTV message board. A group of people I mind you who I have never met. They heard of my situation because my mom is a member that posts on the message board. They have been wanting to make me this quilt since they heard about this whole thing. People from around this entire nation have made me a block and then the actual quilt was organized and put together by a couple more people. I have to say since I have heard of this I have been really excited and blown away by this act of kindness. These people have also been so faithful at sending me packages and cards daily while I have been at the hospital and at home. They send me e-mails and posts on my message boards continually. I can never FULLY express my gratitude to this group of people. I have felt truly blessed by God for all they have done for me. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! I also wanted to mention that we had another little surprise when we opened the package. There was also a quilt made for my mom! That was a surprise because I knew they were making mine, but we didn't know they were making my mom one as well. She felt so blessed and I am thankful to them for doing that. My mom has done so much for me during this time, I am just glad that she received something that just makes her know how much she is appreciated. Thanks HGTV people for that. So I am now using it on my hospital bed and snuggling up with it. I love it so much and am going to treasure it for the rest of my life. It will forever remind me of all the wonderful people who prayed for and cared for me during this hard time in my life. Even those I had never met!

I will also throw in a little update on how my day was today. Like I said in my last post I have my good days and my bad days. You never know which one it is going to be. So what was my day today? I am pleased to report it was a good day. The biggest reason it was a good day was that I got white blood cells today!!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!! My white blood cell count was 2.4 today, which for those that don't understand it 2,400. In other words, that is great. I am on my way to recovery and on the road towards home. I have also been feeling rather well today. My throat soreness is gone and I have been able to eat without vomiting today. Food doesn't really taste right, but that is probably just because of all the stuff that has been done to me. It takes a toll on all aspects of your body. They said things would start looking better once my white cells came and they were right, again. Now we are just looking for signs of GVHD and watching my body for that. Other good news is that because of me feeling better they are switching my meds back to oral and reducing my pain control device everyday. Soon once they see I am eating enough my nutrition bag will leave as well. Meaning the sooner I can do these things on my own the sooner I can go home. Hopefully soon, I am not sure what they are thinking yet but I am hoping that in a week or so I will be on my way home. Maybe even earlier. I guess one can only pray!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
I am so happy you are feeling so much better today. Hopefully, this is the first of more good days to come. Your quilt (and your mom's) are beautiful. What a wonderful gift! You can just feel the love wrapped around you. Congratulations on your new cells! Keep them coming. Continue to get better and we will see you home soon. Say hi to your mom and dad and tell them we are thinking of them, too. Take care, Robin

Christa Forsythe said...

Lyns... HAPPY BIRTHDAY....! And thanks so much for sharing the pics and how you are doing! The quilt is so lovely!

WE continue to pray for you and am so glad for the good news!

loving you.... micah, christa, and ethan!

Hey ... I'm Lindsay ! said...

Lyndsay and Lisa ~~ seeing your faces with these quilts wrapped around you just blesses my heart more than you will ever know.

It is truly and honor and a blessing to do God's work ... and this quilt of love is a gift of HIS work. There is a lot of love and prayers poured into them from people who love you and pray for you both often... one day I'll tell you the story of me and Jesus in my sewing room the day your quilt started coming together... what a BLESSED DAY that was!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYNDSAY my little Sister in Christ ... I am so thankful you are celebrating today. GOD IS STILL GOOD, ALL THE TIME ... AND HE'S STILL ANSWERING PRAYERS.... PRAISE THE LORD!

I look forward to the day I can meet you both ... till then, God's continued grace in you and through your lives.... what a testimony you will have to share! Love you from the Ozarks ~~ your friend LIndsay

LAURA said...

HI LYNS,

SO GOOD TO HEAR THINGS WERE GOOD YESTERDAY AND YOU ARE ON THE ROAD HOME. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!.... I HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH ONLY GOOD THINGS!!! JUST KNOW HOW MUCH YOU ARE THOUGHT OF EVERY DAY AND PRAYED FOR. WE LOVE YOU LOTS. HOPE WE CAN SEE YOU SOON.....LOTS OF HUGS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!

XOXO
LAURA AND LEE

Team Bowman said...

Lyndsay,

WOW! Praise God! and Happy Birthday!

This post just made my day. You are a living picture of great determination and tenacity! You are such a blessing to so many people.

It is so good to hear that your white cell count is going up! God is good!

The quilts are so beautiful! I don't know alot about quilting, but one thing I do know is that they take along time, and that each stich contains alot of love and care. I can see that you and your Mom can feel it as you wrap them around you. You both are so deserving of them!

We will continue to pray, and we are so happy to hear that you are feeling better.

Love,
Lesley

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled to hear the latest news. Thank you so much for keeping us updated. We're continuing to pray for you.
Much love! Melanie

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay:

Hooooooorrrraaaaaayyyy! 2.4 on your white count is the best news possible! When my wife, Bonnie, lay in the same bed post-leukemia, we thought that day would never come. Now be strong and know that the count will zoom up daily, and in a few days (if it goes as we pray it will), the day-to-day jumps will be exponential. Better yet, with your own white count, your body can begin to fight off some of the painful sores in your mouth and throat. KEEP BELIEVING! You have run so much of the race now, and there really is a finish line you'll cross -- healthy and victorious.

Wrap yourself in the beautiful quilt, and feel the warmth of every loving person who stands with you. You are amazing in your optimism -- find it every time you have to punch through pain and fatigue. So many of us wait to see you walking strong and well through the front door of Thornton Hospital. Every day, you are a survivor!

-- Greg Dowell / Team in Training

Unknown said...

Bless you Lyndsay. I pray for your continued recovery every day. Your fight has been a difficult one but you've shown us only your wonderful character and strength.
Hugs for you and mom today,
quiltbea
An HGTV quilter buddy

Anonymous said...

hi lyndsay, love and prayers to you and your family from idaho. didn't the quilts come out just wonderful. we may never meet girl but you are in my prayers. love the smile on your face. smile from the heart..so glad you are doing better. keep on making those wonderful white blood cells. God is so good. take care love reading your blog.
cindy
(cindy56 on hgtv)

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,

It was so nice to see you today. I think you look great, and your attitude is so positive, as always. I will pray you are on your way home soon. Can't believe it could be as early as tomorrow. Also, a Happy Belated Birthday. See you again soon. Best of everything to come, Robin