Monday, September 15, 2008

Radiation is kicking my butt a little (Day -3)

Last night they weighed me because who doesn't like getting weighed every eight hours. They have to make sure that I am not retaining all the fluids they are giving me and the chemo is flushing out of me properly. Well I was over my base weight so they had to put me on lasiks. Something they inject in my IV to make me go to the bathroom a lot more to get all the fluid out. So about every 5 minutes for several hours I was in that bathroom. Needless to say I didn't get a super great nights sleep. But that wasn't the end of it, they also woke me up at like 4:30 am to pre-medicate me and get me ready to go to my radiation appointment. Since it was my first appointment they had to do a bit more to get things ready and in the meantime I had to lie still with my arms locked together above my head for about an hour and a half. I was on the verge of tears towards the end just wanting to let my arms down. They say it gets easier each time, so I am headed for my next appointment any time now, so hopefully that is true.

When I returned from my appointment this morning I was really tired and felt a bit nauseated. They nurse came in and gave me some Ativan to help with my nausea and that medication also puts you to sleep. So I pretty much have been sleeping the entire day. I feel like maybe the combination of the chemo and radiation is starting to wipe me out. Hopefully things will get a little better in the next couple days of radiation. In the meantime I guess I have plenty of time to rest, so I am defiantly taking advantage of that right now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
I am so sorry you had such a rough day, today. It has to be so hard at times, while always trying to keep your positive spirit and brave face for everyone else. I hope the nausea eases up soon. Sleep while you can so you can build up your strength. May tomorrow and the days to follow be better. You are on the countdown, and soon you will be on your way back up. Love and prayers, Robin

Christa Forsythe said...

Ah... I hate hearing that you have rough days... it makes it so much harder to be so far away! I will be praying for an easier day tomorrow and more sleep tonight! I love you!

PositiveDawn said...

Lyndsay,
Your are in our prayers! I know that you know this but God is always there with you and He will carry you though this. we'll be praying that the ill side effects subside ad that you are comforatble.
Just in case I haven't told you, you are the toughest woman I know righ!
Hugs,
Dawn

JessicaSews said...

Dear Lyndsay,

You are probably resting as much as you can through those meds - We are
thinking of you!
Prayers for your comfort!
Prayers for your sweet spirit to smile as you are about to receive the best gift that another can give!

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family as they are by your side and giving you all the support you need! You are so blessed!

Hugs!
~ Jessica & Family

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay:

I am so sorry to hear how rough this week has been on you. Just know that we are all here for you and love you and are praying that you get through this with flying colors! Good luck on Thursday, stay strong! We love and miss you lots!!
Aunt Stacy, Uncle Pat, Nicole and Ryan

bonnie said...

Mother Bonnie here to nag you about getting your nutrician in, now swallow. The Dr. is right of course, you need it. You can do it girl, get some good old proteins into your body, so it will heal BIG AND STRONG.
WISHING YOU THE BEST NEWEST BIRTHDAY EVER.
Praying hard that you will be well real soon.
Wishing I could be there to hug you tight. Really can't take a chance with all the kids I come in contact with everyday. Lord only knows what little germs they have lurking about.
Loving you
Bonnie