Sunday, September 7, 2008

Time with family and friends

Here I am enjoying some fresh air
My beautiful niece Natalie

Michael, Emily and Kaytee

Auntie Lyndsay with her favorite niece and
nephew outside Macaroni Grill

Mom, Me, Dad, Natalie and Michael
This was a good weekend filled with friends, family, fresh air and good food. This was also the last weekend before I get admitted in the hospital for my transplant. Friday one of my aunts and some friends came by to visit. I had an appointment at the infusion center but luckily I did not need any replacements. I also got the great news that my bone marrow biopsy that I had a week ago came back clean again. I was very happy about that, it just seems that everything is lining up nicely now. After my appointment was over we went and had a good lunch together and then did some shopping. We later came back to the apartment and had some good catching up time and watched What Not to Wear. For some reason I have really come to love that show, I defiantly have been learning a lot about fashion that I didn't know before. It's entertaining if not anything else.
Saturday was a kind of lazy day around the house. I did some things that I needed to get done and talked on the phone quite a bit. I was a able to talk with several of the staff up at MWSB in Montana. They all decided to call me on the same day and didn't know the others had called me already. By the fourth phone call I was thinking, "wow did they plan this or something"? Honestly I just think it is because they were all taking off for the week long backpacking trip this weekend. Yeah, I am pretty sure that was the reason. Nonetheless I thoroughly enjoyed my conversations with everyone. I miss them all so much, it is good when I can hear their voices every once in a while.
Then today my Mom, Dad and I drove out to my brother and sister-in-law's house to visit with them and the kids. We hadn't seen them in a while so decided it was way past time to make a trip out there. So we spent the afternoon there playing with the kids and then went out to Macaroni Grill for dinner. A lot of Jaimie's family came along, so all in all there were 14 of us at dinner. It was a party! We all enjoyed some good food and some good time together. It was nice to be able to see everyone again.
So I think that I really did enjoy my last weekend of freedom for a while. It is strange for me to think of how restricted I am going to have to be come a week from now. My life is going to change even more drastically than it already has. Tomorrow I head to the hospital to have another central line put back in my chest for transplant and to get the picc line in my arm removed. So it starts the week of craziness! Lots of appointments and lots to do at home before I go to the hospital for transplant. I just hope I can get it all done.

5 comments:

JessicaSews said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christa Forsythe said...

Lyns.. you are beautiful! I hope you know that!

JessicaSews said...

Dear Lyndsay -

What happy pictures, what a beautiful family!
Made me smile to see that
you had such a great weekend.

Did I ever tell you that I
grew up near there! San Diego was our "playground"! Every time it was someone's birthday it was off to the Zoo,Balboa Park, SeaWorld and see the ships in dock.

I can't help but think that the climate is perfect for your "temporary home"!
Our prayers are with you as you go through this week, getting ready for next week!!

Hey, before we go! Is music a part of your "healing"?
Whatcha like to listen to?!!

In His Love!
~ Jessica and family

*Wish there was an edit button, that was us at the top!!

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
Hope all went well getting the central line today. We all really enjoyed dinner with your family last night. It was good to see how well you are doing. Can't wait for us all to have that "PF Chang's night." I will thinking of you as you go through this busy week, and hoping it will be smooth sailing for you. Take care, Robin

Desiree's Designs said...

Hi Lyndsay, I just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you and think of you all the time. You are so strong and brave and your attitude is amazing! You have a wonderful mom too! I will check back often to see how you are doing!
Desiree (quilting friend of your moms)