Thursday, September 4, 2008

I got two tattoo's today

Alright so I didn't get the kind of tattoo's you would think of. The kind where you go to a tattoo place and choose your design. I didn't get to choose a fun design or anything, it was chosen for me. I had my meeting in the radiology department today. I am going to be getting TBI (total body irradiation) as part of my pre-transplant regimen. I will first have 2 days of a high dose chemotherapy and then 3 days of radiation twice a day. So today I met with my radiation doctor and he told me how the process goes and the risks and benefits of it. Then I went in for a simulation. I had to lay out like I am going to for the actual treatments and they mapped out and took pictures of my body so they know where to do things. As for where the tattoo's come in, they had to make two dots on each of my sides and they are now going to be a permanent tattoo on my body. They really are not that noticeable they kind of just look like little freckles. This was to help them know where to center the lasers during radiation. First step radiation tattoo's, next step a full blown tattoo on my back (: Just kidding!!!

So things are continuing to line up nicely and staying on schedule. Another great thing is that I have finally finished my IV antibiotic at home. Yeah!!! After 7 weeks of being on it I am finally finished. It is really nice to not have to worry about being home every 6-8 hours because I have to be on the IV. It feels like freedom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyns,
Well, you really got my attention with your first sentence. I was thinking, "WHAT?" So glad it's just dots, and not the real thing! Let us know when you start the radiation and chemo. I imagine you need to be back in the hospital when that begins, which I know you aren't looking forward to. I am sure you have been enjoying your freedom. Just remember, the sooner it is, the sooner you will be done and back home. Keep your positive attitude (and sense of humor). Much love, Robin

JessicaSews said...

Oh, You! - had us there!!

We are counting down
the days with you!

~
Jes