Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Day -1

The past couple days have continued to be a little rough. I am assuming that the radiation is the culprit of the days being somewhat rough. Along with not getting very much sleep throughout the night I have had to continue to get up at 4:30 am to get ready for my radiation appointments in the morning. I am very happy though because I just have one more session this afternoon at 4:30 pm. I can't wait until it is all over! I think the radiation has been a little harder on me than the chemo has been. I have just been so tired and just feel like sleeping all the time. So I usually have been just getting back from my appointments in the morning and sleeping throughout most of the afternoon.

Along with the tiredness I have continued to have some nausea. I have been fortunate enough to not be actually vomiting though. Usually when I feel real nauseated I just try to go to sleep or ask for some meds before it gets too bad. So far so good and I haven't experienced the joy the actual vomiting yet. I have not been able to eat for the past few days though. My doctor says that I really need to try to get something in my stomach, even if it is a carnation instant breakfast or something like that. He wants me to have some good nutrition in me, but I am having a hard time stomaching the thought of eating anything right now. My appetite has simply left me. So I am hoping that with radiation done today and hopefully be getting better nights sleep the days to follow will be better. Tomorrow is the day and I can't believe it is actually here. I know that the road ahead is not going to be easy but I am hoping for the best and the level of GVHD that I get is mild and not severe from the transplant. I guess we will just have to wait and see. In the meantime I am overjoyed because tomorrow could be the start of a new life!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
Well, by now your radiation should be over. I am so glad for you. I am so sorry you are continuing to feel so bad. I am so excited for tomorrow...we are all praying this is your new beginning and you begin your climb back up the ladder. I hope sleep brings you relief until your body gets stronger. Try to remember how many people are thinking of you and praying for you as you are going through this. You have truly been and inspiration to the rest of us. Take care, stay strong and best of luck tomorrow. Much love, Robin

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
Just want you to know that you are in my prayers and I hope after tomorrow your days will get easier and better one day at a time. Keep strong and know that your faith will see you through this all. You are a beautiful person inside and out and deserve all of Gods Blessings. Stay strong.
With Love,
Debbie Karmelich

Team Bowman said...

Lyndsay,
I just wanted you to know that I have been following your progress through your blogs, and that we are praying for you, as you get your transplant. Your faith is so evident, and I will be praying that God will continue to give His peace to you in the coming days.
Love,

Lesley

JessicaSews said...

Sending our Love and Prayers!

~ Jessica & Family

Anonymous said...

My T&P's are with you and your family today. Happy Birthday Lyndsay! Donna

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynds! You are on my heart! Jud and I are praying for you today. This is a huge day! You are loved!
Love,
'lish

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
This is the day!!! Thinking of you! Robin

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,

Thanks so much for blogging, that is how I've been able to know how you are doing. My prayers and best wishes are with you today on your 2nd birthday. May you celebrate this day for many years to come.
Love, Elvia (Mom's quilting friend)

LAURA said...

HI LYNS!!

TODAYS THE BIG DAY , YOUR NEW B-DAY!! WE HOPE AND PRAY ALL JUST GETS BETTER AND EASIER NOW FOR YOU. YOU ARE A STRONG YOUNG LADY. STAY SRONG AND KNOW WE LOVE YOU!!

HUGS!!
LAURA & LEE

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
Happy Rebirthday.. Your in my thoughts and prayer today. Good Luck.
Love ya
Laura M.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyndsay, I am praying that your body loves it's new stem cells and marrow and you will continue to feel and BE better as days go by. It's a tough road, just take it one day at a time, and give your worries to the Lord. He is with you, as you are with him.
Janice/janicen11j

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,

Today is the beginning of your new life and I am so excited for you. We are always thinking of you and praying for you.

Sending LOTS OF LOVE your way :)

Love,

Dave and Lana

Unknown said...

Hi Lyndsay,

My hopes & prayers are with you! As I run many miles with Dawn & Mike, you will be our thoughts.

With Love & Hope,

Happy Keller

Asst. Run Coach - TEAM In Training (San Diego)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyndsay,
I heard today is a special day for you. Your new Birthday. Although we may not know each other personally, you will be in my thoughts and I will be with you in spirit today - and will be wishing you well throughout your upcoming journey to recovery.
-Sending you soothing zzzzs for comfort.
*Enz (TNT Walt Disney World 26.2)

bonnie said...

HAPPY NEW BIRTHDAY
LOVE YOU
STAY STRONG, YOU ARE N INSPIRATION TO ALL
I CAN ALMOST SEE GOD'D GLOW IN YOUR WORDS.
YOU HAVE MADE A BELIEVER OUT OF ME
YOU HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN WHAT I HAVE LEARNED OVER THESE PAST FEW MONTHS. "IF GOD BRINGS YOU TO IT, HE WILL BRING YOU THROUGH IT"
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.
SAY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOUR MOM AND DAD FOR ME. ALSO GIVE YOUR DAD A LITTLE HUG FROM ME FOR HIS BIRTHDAY TOO.
Love bonnie

JessicaSews said...

Dear Lyndsay,

You've been thought of all day!

Lots of Love!

~ Jessica & Family

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay, you are a beautiful and determined young lady who will keep climbing the ladder to the stars! Rest up, do what the doctors tell you and with all the good vibes, thoughts and prayers coming your way, you will be on the road the wellness soon! Bless you...Kathleen (KC1930)