Friday, September 12, 2008

Back to the resort I go!!!

Here I am in front of my room 364

At least I have a nice view from my window

Today was the day I returned the the good ol' resort in La Jolla (aka: the hospital). I received a call at 7:30 am saying that they did not have a bed available yet so they would call me when one was available. That was alright with me because it allowed me to get a few more things done that I wanted to do. That included having one last good meal before my life becomes VERY restricted for the next 100 days. My mom and I went to Islands restaurant and I had an amazing burger and fries, and to top it all off had a huge brownie ice cream sundae. I was very full and very satisfied after leaving the restaurant. I think I probably gained 5 pound just eating that, but I know that my appetite is not going to be very good come a week from now, so it all balances out in the end.
After eating we went home and I did some packing and took a shower so I was ready to go. Well 2:30 pm rolls around and still no call from the hospital. I decided to call for myself and see what was going on. They told me that I could be admitted at 4:30 pm. So I rested and did a few more things at home and then we took off. Driving on the way to the hospital I was thinking how surreal this moment is. I mean this admittance is unlike any other before. This is it, the home stretch!! Even though the transplant isn't going to actually be for a few days I have such a peace and I feel like I can actually breathe now. I was telling my mom as I was sitting in the room it just seems more calming this time. I feel like there aren't so many things to think about this time and wondering what is going to happen next. I know what the next step is and of course it is not going to be easy but at least I know somewhat what's coming. I just really know God is granting me the peace and strength that I need to go through this.
I was very welcomed when I walked in those doors to 3 West today. All the nurses were so happy to see me again and especially this time knowing that it is transplant time. They have been through this whole thing with me and are so happy to share this special time with me. I love that I have been able to develop relationships with all the nurses and doctors here, it makes being here so much more enjoyable. When they actually care and you are not just another patient walking through the door. I have been blessed by the staff here at UCSD. But tonight isn't too eventful I am just going to be receiving my IV hydration before I start my chemo tomorrow. I guess I will be getting a lot of it because I have been told that the bathroom is going to be my best friend tonight. I guess that rules out getting a good nights rest, oh well I have plenty of time for that later.

For those that were wanting to know my address to send things here at the hospital it is:

Lyndsay Nishioka
UCSD Thornton Cancer Hospital
Mail Code 7608 Room:364
9300 Campus Point Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037-1300

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay.
Praying the best of things are ahead of you. Good luck with all you have to do this week. It is a very big week for you. You really do amaze me with your positive attitude. Please know how often I think about you. Robin