Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day -4

You will notice that in the heading I titled it Day -4. All of your days leading up to your transplant are all negative days. Then the day of your transplant is Day 0 (aka: your 2nd Birthday). Then all the days that follow your transplant are all positive days. I just thought that I would explain it a little for those that didn't know. So here I am at day -4:
This morning I have just finished my last dose of Cytoxin (my chemo). Overall I have been responding to it fairly well. I felt great yesterday with no side affects whatsoever. Both of my brothers, my sister-in-law and my niece and nephew came to see me in the hospital yesterday too. It was great to spend some more time with them and see the kids for the last time, for quite a while. It is going to be hard, but from now on no more little germs at least for the next 100 days post transplant. I just keep thinking to my self though, what is 3 months to have all these restrictions when you know you will have your whole life ahead of you. It may seem hard for now because I am not used to having such strong restrictions on me, but I will bear with it knowing that the decisions I make now are going to affect my life later. To me that is a sacrifice that I am willing to take for the time being.

Today has gone pretty good too. I have been feeling a little bit more tiered and I can feel my appetite starting to slip a little, but I guess that is to be expected. I have been resting a lot of the day and keeping it pretty low key. I haven't had any visitors so I have been able to have some good alone time and down time. As much as I love people coming and visiting, every once in a while it is nice to just have some peace and be alone too. The doctors seem to think that everything is going well though. Everything looks good on their end and everything on my end, so all in all we are lining up quite nicely. Tomorrow I am going to start my TBI (total body irradiation). So I get to get up bright and early because my first appointment for that is at 6:00 am. It is also in the next building over at the Moore's Cancer Center so they are going to have to actually take me over there by ambulance. Crazy I know, considering you could walk there in 2 minutes. But I guess it is hospital procedure, so of course I go along with it. Other than that I am just trying to find things to keep myself busy and trying to walk in the halls as much as I can. Because come Thursday I am going to be locked up in my room until I get discharged. That will be a big change because usually I love leaving my room as much as possible to get a change of scenery. But yet again I am going to do what I am told and try to follow their orders as best as I can. Hopefully the time will just fly by and the next thing I know I will be headed home. That will be a great day!! But thanks again to everyone for the prayers and support. It is going to help me get through this, that is for sure. Just know that they are greatly appreciated!!!

6 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

Yeah for less and less negative days... we will be praying that only positive days are on the other side of these negative days... thanks for the phone call... it was soooo good to hear your voice! Praying like crazy for you!

love,
me

Anonymous said...

Dear Lyndsay: I run with your dear friends Mike & Dawn for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. My wife, Bonnie, stayed in the room you are in when she went through her stem cell transplant just 2 years ago. You will face some very difficult challenges during this final chemo, but know that there is truly light ahead! The transplant itself is almost a solemn moment, when you know the gift of life is moving back into you. Be strong. Be brave. Bonnie is well, and our lives have been blessed. Know that we are all praying for you, even those you've never met. We will, when you are well again.

Greg Dowell - Team in Training

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
So glad the chemo went well, and pray the irradiation will too. Be strong, you have a tough road ahead, but it is only for a short period of time. Can't wait for day +100. We will all be here to celebrate with you, and what a party that will be. So glad you have such a beautiful biew from your room, it looks so peaceful. Stay strong and positive, just as you have been through this whole ordeal. Peace and love, Robin

Anonymous said...

Praying hard for you especially these coming day!
Love you! Melanie

LAURA said...

HI LYNS,

SO GLAD TO HEAR ALL IS WELL SO FAR WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU AND THINKING OF YOU ALL THE TIME. MAYBE WE CAN GET A GAME OF SCRABBLE GOING ON THE INTERNET. STAY TOUGH WE LOVE YOU LOTS!!

HUGS,
LAURA & LEE

Anonymous said...

Hey Lyndsay.
You dont know me but I've gone to the MWSB winter camps and heard about you through Paige Rodriguez. I just want you to know that I am praying for you and know you will get through this. God is with you, and there are soooo many people who love and support you! Its awesome to see.
I also want to give you a verse that God has really laid on my heart.
Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
I really believe that, and hope it gives you the strength you need.

In Chirst,
Hope