Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Express Yourself

Here is a photo I took in my backyard this morning. It was such a beautiful day to be outside. I love Southern California weather. Flowers year round. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Have you ever wished that you were talented at something you clearly don't have the gift for? I found myself wishing that I was able to contribute to cancer research through running marathons or things such as that. I wanted to just go out and buy some new running shoes and all the gear the other day. I am clearly not a runner, let alone a marathon runner. Then I started thinking....... Running isn't the only thing someone can do to help out. We all have our own ways that we contribute to certain things or organizations. As I started thinking about it I realized that I guess I give back through my baking and crafts that give out. If we all did one thing the same, all the bases wouldn't be covered.
So what I am trying to say is go and express yourself in the things you love to do. I know a lot of times we wish we were better at certain other things, but God made us all unique and special. Don't spend your time worrying over what you can't do and evaluate the talents you have been given and give back to others with those gifts of yours. Be who you are and be proud of it!!!


*P.S.*- I am attempting another blog right now. It is a baking blog called Heavenly Decadence. I am excited about this new adventure because I am hoping to maybe eventually turn it into a little baking business. Quite a few people have asked if I would sell the things I make, so why not? I am sure it will be super slow, but I am enjoying putting things together for it. So please check it out. I have a link on the right for it. Hope you enjoy it and I also hope everyone had a great Valentines Day!!

4 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

I love you, Lyns and I think you are wonderful! Can't wait to check out your new blog!

Unknown said...

Shalom: I just found your blog. I am a former hospic LPN and my hsuband is a three year cancer survivor. So you can see why your blog touched my heart. I will keep you in my prayers and hope to get to know you better.
Elayne R

Elisha said...

Lyns! I love your new blog! Yum-o! It made me want sweets just looking at the top picture :)
I like the flowers, too! Yes, you are right. There ARE nice things about living in a mild climate year round... I sure miss the west, though. I'm looking out my window at a blue sky and sunshine on the green trees. It's amazing how you can adapt to where you are at.
I sure love my little munchkin! It's been a challenge becoming a mommy, but it's great at the same time. I sure wish you could meet her. Well, maybe not just right now as she is teething and isn't very pleasant to be around... so far she's got 2 little teeth on the bottom - SO CUTE!
Oh, I love the little quilt! You have such a great eye for putting colors together - I remember when you first put together your room, and then the house, out in Montana, I was amazed!

Ally said...

People sell baked goods on Etsy :) something to think about