Sunday, February 14, 2010

Quilt for a friend


Here is a wall hanging quilt that I made for a friend. I just finished quilting it last weekend and have just the binding to put on and finish. Then off in the mail. I really hope that she enjoys it. I had a lot of fun making it.

Medical Update: Well I had an appointment with my doctor on Friday. I haven't seen him in quite a while because he has had some family things and had taken some time off, so it was really nice to see him again and catch up. Everything continues to look well and all of my labs are stable. We are shifting some of my meds around so hopefully the steroids will be gone soon. He has decided that we will lower my dose of the high dose steroids and increase my immuneo-suppressants to see if they work off each other. It is such a trial and error thing with these meds. It will be nice when we finally figure out the magic formula and I am able to get off them and get back to what a normal 24 year old is supposed to be doing as my doctor says. He said that if he can't figure it out soon I can fire him as my doctor, hahahaha!!!!! Like that is ever going to happen. He is the best!! They also want me to get on an exercise and strength training schedule. He wants me to build my muscle strength back up after all the damage the steroids have done and the fact that going through early menopause can cause osteoporosis.
Oh, and some exciting news (at least for me) I can finally put my hair in a ponytail. Yeah!!!!! Jump for joy! Well it is not the largest ponytail but at least I can put it up from my neck. It was simply driving me nuts. I love these little milestones and celebrating them. I have to say though, sometimes I miss being bald. I mean it was so much easier and COOLER. Oh my goodness I am already dreading summer with hair again. It was nice to just be able to let my bald head cool the rest of my body down. But I am so thankful for my hair growing back and my new tight curly locks.

2 comments:

JessicaSews said...

Yay!!....Ponytails....!!!
That's worthy of celebration!
When Summer comes, you can decide what you want to do with your hair - isn't that a great thought in it's self?!

What a pretty quilt! You are getting a lot done!!

So good to hear about the health update. And, now he's going to adjust the meds...I'm praying that all goes smoooooothly for you.

Enjoy the strength training! Is this at the Center? This is going to be so nice for you, you'll get your stamina back!

~ Jes & family

Christa Forsythe said...

Lovely quilt.... is it for anyone I know? Because the colors look much like someone I know (here on campus) fav colors? Just nosey... I know!

Glad to hear you are doing better, but bummed about the steroids... I sure thought you were off those wretched things!

I miss you, Lyns! Hope you know we love you!