Thursday, February 11, 2010

Preserving Memories


As I was going through things in my closet the other day I came across my LARGE container with all of my wonderful gifts and cards that have been sent to me during my treatment and recovery time. I have kept all of them in there to keep and remind me of all the amazing people that have supported me through this and to see how far I have come since the beginning. I kept all of my cards and letters in a big shoebox. I was going through them and thought it might be neat to somehow put them in a scrapbook to preserve them better. Just cut them and arrange them in a cute way so I am able to just pick up the book whenever I want to be reminded of all the encouragement and sweet notes from loved ones. If anyone has any other ideas of what to do with them, I would love to hear them. (:


I also wanted to mention a young boy, actually a baby who was diagnosed with Acute Biphenotypic leukemia just like me. It is such a rare form of leukemia that when you hear of another person with it, it catches your eye. I heard about it through another blog of a woman who received a transplant the week before me and I have been following her blog ever since. This little boy is not even a year old and is need of a bone marrow transplant. He is Asian American so as I have said before it is very, very difficult to find a match for minorities. They just had a bone marrow drive for him but are still searching. Reading his story just reminded me again of the overwhelming need for people to get on the bone marrow registry list. I encourage everyone to register!!! It is simple and painless, just a swab in the mouth to potentially save someones life. Sounds like a good thing to me. This helpless little boy's name is Barry Pham and his page is http://www.savebarry.org/. Check out his blog and keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Going through this as an adult and knowing how tough it is, I can't even imagine being a helpless baby and have to go through all of this junk. Or be his family having to watch your little one be hooked to IV's and suffer through cancer. So yet again I plead with everyone to make sure you register with the national bone marrow association.

Thanks to everyone who reads my blog. I love reading your comments and love writing and expressing myself on here. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and takes the time to see the beauty in this world and remember what is important and "don't sweat the small stuff".

3 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

Thanks for reminding me to get on that list! Good to hear what you are thinking about! Love and hugs... you have been on my mind a ton!

Snowbrush said...

Hey, good luck there, Lyndsay. I've enjoyed browsing your blog.

Therapy4help said...

Deep tissue massage therapy might not be an effective selection for somebody who is tender to pressure. All the same, more therapists proffer different types of massage.